Translate

Friday, June 7, 2013

It’s time to stop Hiding


In January, 2013, my husband and I celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary in Las Vegas. Up to that point, my goal was to lose weight, get in shape, etc. I kept telling saying I’m going to change things, eat better, exercise, and I KNOW that each of you reading this has said something similar sometime in your life. Anyway, while in Vegas, I was the slow person, everyone had to wait for; my knees and feet hurt on the walks and when I wasn’t sitting I can honestly say I was miserable when I had to move and angry with myself for lying to myself about changing. I felt bad that I was slowing everyone down so I could keep up. When I got home, I took a long look at myself and what I’d become, and I didn’t like the person looking back at me. I’m in my 40s but what I really felt like was that little fat girl that I’ve been carrying around with me all my life and I decided that she needed to go.

There is an upside I promise, so please don’t stop reading now. Ok where was I oh yes the upside. When we came back from Vegas, my knees were hurting me so much that just walking through the apartment was tough to do. After much (supportive) badgering from my husband, I went to the doctor where he shot cortisone in one knee, and then he asked me the tough question; “Are you happy with yourself and how you feel?” My first thought was to say things are fine, because that is my classic response, but what I did say was no, I’m not happy; I'm frustrated; I can’t seem to lose any weight and exercising is just too painful to keep up for an extended period. About 4 years ago, I was at my highest weight (375lbs) and then my husband and I moved to CA. I started working out and watching the food some and I lost 70 lbs. but it stopped there and for the last four years I have not been able to break 305 so they only thing left to do was take the doctor’s advice and join the weight loss program.

I researched the program and thought what do I have to lose, so I signed up and for 10 weeks I exercised hard, watched the food I ate and lost 35 pounds, and 13 inches total. It can be done after you stop lying to yourself and start looking at the food you eat. I’m here working every day, walking 3miles four times a week, weight lifting 2 days a week. I challenge each of you reading this to join me in becoming healthier, but you have to be willing to be honest with yourself about ALL the food you are eating.

I want to thank my husband for standing by and supporting me through this process by working out with me and fitting my food plan to his. I wouldn’t have gotten this far alone. If you want to know about the program, I’m happy to share the information with you, just leave a comment below.  I’ll be sharing my progress and posting pictures as the milestones hit. Thank you to everyone who reads this because you’ll be helping me achieve my goal.

4 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration...I know I've said this many times, but I am very proud of all that you've done to achieve your goal this year. Thank you for sharing your journey.

    You rock, Judy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have you walking with me through this. I'm going to achieve this goal because of the people who are supporting me. Much Love!!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, my Judy Blow! How I do adore you! I am so proud at the tremendous job you have done thus far and know you will reach your goal. I love you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you and so proud of how hard you are working......This blog is wonderful...Love Mom Rose

    ReplyDelete