Translate

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July and a Salute to the Men and Women of the Armed Forces


On this day every year, we celebrate our independence. I’d like to say thank you to all the people I know that have served or are serving in our Military today and to also remind you that we live in the land of the free BECAUSE of the BRAVE. Have a safe and Happy 4th.


Thank you to my father who was Active Army for 27 years and retired in Seattle, WA. Thank you Mom for going through the many moves and for dragging around the world. My brother (Bill) who served in the Army and got out to become a Police Officer in AR and to his wife, Wendy for standing by his side. My husband (Jim) who is currently serving in the Army and has been for over 23 years, and I would not want to be anywhere else but by his side. To the following couples that I have met, and I’m proud to call close friends: Steve and Joanna; Dustin and Traci; and Tomas and Sara. To the young men who are enlisting in the Marines (Paul) and  anyone else that reads this and is part of the Armed Forces. I thank each of you from the bottom of my heart for the sacrifices made. All of us have made them during deployments, PCS moves, etc.… we may be spread out, but we are one big family that I’m proud to be a part of.

A special thank you to the Logan/Porter family may your next journey be a good one, and I hope you meet some really great people.

Here are some pictures from the 11th Battalion and other fun times.



No comments:

Post a Comment